Monday, August 4, 2008

"The Sorcerer King" by Frewin Jones

This is my Alan book review freebie...
This is book 3 in The Faerie Path Series. I feel it might have been an easier read if I had read one and two. It jumped right in the middle of the story with a brief overview of where we were. I thought this book was an imitation of all the books out there. I have established myself as the "fantasy girl" and unfortunately for Frewin Jones, I kept feeling she copied stuff. With all that said, apparently these books must be doing fairly well, or one and two wouldn't already be out there, right?
I will probably go ahead and write a favorable review for the ALAN review, but I wouldn't reccomend this book to many. The following is my honest opinion, but not what I am turning in...

This is the story of King Oberon and Queen Titania (Midsummers...) and their seven daughters. The King is captured on a black island by the evil Sorceror King. The seventh daughter Tania sets out to find him, and on her way battles a basilisk, dragon, and phoenix (a la Potter). They travel over the land with mystic names very reminiscent of Lord of the Rings. There is a Hawthorne, a CHanticleer (Canterbury Tales) , and Gray Knights that sound scarily similar to Ring Wraiths....not really alive, hooded skeletal figures...maybe Dementor like as well. Anyways, of course the Faeries save the day, Oberon is released, and the Sorcerer King is given his due.

No comments: